Monday, September 7, 2009

Nothing like good Lakeside Property at Cliffwood Beach

Of all the things I love about living in Cliffwood Beach, one of them has to be the easy care requirements of the typical yard.

I keep my yard as natural as possible because it fits in so much better with the Lake, the Beach, and the naturally shady environment. My husband says we are merely lazy groundskeepers, but I object! Our yards love people who love nature, and landscapers at the beach would do well to sculp a trade in plants, yard designs and shrubs that yearn to abide in harmony with the deciduous forest and nearby wetlands. That you can keep a decent yard whether spending a fortune or a pittence is only a credit to the good sense of those that live here.

Here's some photos of my backyard. In some of them you can just see Treasure Lake peeking through. In the winter months the whole world opens up, but early Fall is a haven for critters.




For people that need to be closer to the water, just acquire a home on another section of the lake. Here's a view through the backyards just a few houses away.



My front yard is a resort to birds, not only because I favor them with seed and suet in the winter, but for the natural plants they love to find and eat. Below is a Japanese Lantern hybrid. I cannot find the variety in books as it does not seem to be a classic version. I think it looks a lot more like a 'lantern' than the ones in the books though.




The days spent raising a family in the easy care of a cozy community, shuttered away from the busy streets of the main roads simply cannot be valued. So many residents that buy in the Beach are returning to days fondly remembered growing up here, or spent happily visiting grandparents. Ahhhh! I'd love to thank the original planners who made our byways. Many of the streets are winding discourage fast driving, and our children are much safer, without the need of drastic street bumps or over regulating signage.

No comments: