Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Second Day of School




I took a number of photos from a brief walk outside my door, down the street, and around the corner. Here's a shot of some of the lovely yards and flowers on the street:



We love the log cabin! (on the left)

Here is the "ice house" according to neighborhood lore.


Some of the flowers, courtesy some gifts neighbors and their favorite hobby:








Ok, maybe I could have done without the Goldenrod, which is prolific in September, especially along the shore woodlands. I will have to look for the Ruby Crowned Kinglet, which generally makes Cliffwood Beach a migratory stopover just for this plant.


Whether coming home from school or walking around the neighborhood, you have to be a tides expert to properly navigate Lakeshore Drive. Today the tide is low at the close of the school day. I'll try and get another picture when the tide is high. You can check the Keyport tides before you step outside.





Today, the school bus has no trouble navigating Lakeshore Drive after school let out. I'm not sure what they do when the road has a foot (or more) of water covering it!





No comments: